Saturday, December 1, 2012

December it is

I am in dilemma. Yes, it's already December, that means, 2012 is coming to an end, and there comes another new year. I feel like I haven't accomplished most of the stuff I wanted to do before the year ends, or simply putting it, I have't done anything rather productive! What on Earth was I doing during the past eleven months?

They said the world will end this December on the 21st. That did not frighten me. The only thing I'm afraid of is not finishing my list of things to do for the year. Time flew by so, so, so quickly that I thought I just woke up yesterday to the year 2012! Nonetheless, I'll keep doing whatever it takes to check my soon-to-be 2013 to-do list. Until now, I'm just clueless, CLUELESS.

Assignments to be done, and finals coming up, I am exhausted. I guess it's mostly due to the fact that I procrastinate a lot, like really, a lot. I keep telling myself to get up and work but something deep inside me, the deep unconscious mind, is telling me to relax. That's really bad, I know. But I just couldn't help it. So, what resulted now is loads of work waited to be completed.

I wanna brush up my French. That was the first thing I told myself, in fact, I jot it down on my checklist in BOLD. But what I got now, almost eleven months later was, nothing. My French did not get any better, however it got worse. I'd forgotten most of the vocab I've learned. Sad isn't it? Nonetheless it's really hard to master a language when you don't have someone to speak to. Like any other languages. And this thing is definitely gonna make its second appearance on the checklist for 2013 again.

And I think that is also one of the main reasons I wanted to study in Montreal, Canada. They speak French and English there, fair enough, they have relatively low tuition compared to France and the U.S., and the cost of living is just fairly lower than in Europe. However they have an accent, which I kind of like. Unlike French French, Quebec French is more rustic, I would say, or sound more lazy and rural, just like how Malaysian/Singaporean Chinese differs from Chinese Chinese. Like major differences in pronunciation in a way that the French French wouldn't comprehend their Canadian counterparts.

Other than that, just some stuff related to college or myself down the list. Omfg.

Peace out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment